Veterans Education Benefit Programs
The University, in cooperation with the U.S.. Department of Veterans Affairs, participates in a variety of educational benefit programs for veterans, active service members and their families. To determine your benefits eligibility, contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at www.gibill.va.gov or call the Veterans Affairs Call Center, GI Bill® Hotline 888-442-4551.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill®
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
The amount of support that an individual may qualify for depends on where they live and what type of degree they are pursuing. Approved training under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® includes graduate and undergraduate degrees, and vocational/technical training. Additionally, tutorial assistance, and licensing and certification test reimbursement are approved under the Post- 9/11 GI Bill®.*
For more detailed information, go to the Post-9/11 GI Bill® web site.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S.. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S.. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the amount covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.
For more detailed information, go to the Yellow Ribbon Program web page.
University of Evansville's Yellow Ribbon Program
- Free tuition: tuition and fees covered while using Post-9/11 GI Bill® for any qualified veteran who has served 36 months active duty since September 11, 2001.
- Benefits are transferable to dependents eligible for Transfer Entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.
- Veterans must apply and be approved for benefits through the U.S.. Department of Veterans Affairs prior to enrollment at 365bet.
Comprehensive List of Veterans Education Benefit Programs
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD, MGIB, or Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR or Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (VEAP or Chapter 32)
- National Call to Service (NCS)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA or Chapter 35)
- Veterans Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31)
* Information taken from the U.S.. Department of Veterans Affairs webpage
If you have questions about your veterans education benefits at 365bet, please contact:
Veterans Education Benefit Coordinator
Olmsted Hall, Room 105
Phone: 812-488-2364 or 800-424-8634